Cass County Jail
|Cass County Sheriff
|Phone: (574) 753-7800
Fax: (574) 753-7816
|Location||Cass County Jail
100 Court Park
Logansport, IN 46947
- Inmates cannot receive incoming calls. All inmate outgoing calls are collect. Inmates may purchase phone cards off commissary.
- Combined Public Communications is the company that handles our inmate phone system. If you want to set up an account please visit CPC or have any questions, you can call them at 1-877-998-5678.
- Inmates may recieve mail that has been sent through the US Post Office
- Letters must have the senders's full name and complete return address.
- Pencil, black or blue pen, typed or computer printed is acceptable for communicating with the inmates.
- Please no stickers on the envelopes.
- Padded foam, bubble wrap, plastic, cardboard etc mailers will not be permitted
- Please refrain from using return address labels and destination address labels.
- Cass County Jail accepts completely filled out money orders and or cashiers checks. We do not accept cash or personal checks.
- For the safety of the employees, inmates and the security of the facility, Cass County Jail (CCJ) has adopted as policy - Incoming mail restrictions. Mail will be confiscated for the following restrictions:
- Incomplete senders full name (first and last) and/or complete return address
- Pages or clipping of books, magazines, and newspapers
- Blank paper, blank greeting cards, or blank envelopes (inmates may purchase these items off commissary)
- Photocopies of copyrighted material, books, magazines, coloring books, puzzle books, etc.
- Inmate to inmate mail (jail or prisons) sent to CCJ inmates
- Not conductive to CCJ penological interests. Includes the following but not limited to: lyrics/communication refering to killing, lawlessness, drugs, gangs, etc.
- Gang related, gang signs, gang tattoos, gang symbols, or drug related communications/photographs/pictures/drawings
- Artwork specifically for tattoos
- Obscene material or photographs showing penetration, or private body parts will not be permitted
- Powder, glitter, perfume, lipstick/lipgloss, metallis pen, glitter pen, paint, glue, crayon, stickey notes, staples, paperclips will not be permitted on envelope or letter.
- Any unknown substance, on the envelope or letter such as bodily fluids, coffee, food, white out etc.
- Greeting cards with glitter, padding, plastic ribbon, musical, glued, or tape. Some of these items cannot be searched without destroying the card.
- Polaroid photographs
- No hardback books or magazines are allowed.
- Should you want to send a specific book to an inmate, it must be directly mailed from a bookstore, publisher, or retail outlet.
- Once the inmate is released or transferred to another facility, the book becomes part of the Cass County Jail Library.
- Cass County Jail does not forward mail. Mail for inmates no longer incarcerated at CCJ will be returned to the sender.
- Personal hygiene items cannot be brought into the jail and must be purchased through commissary. (Unless transferred from another facility)
- Inmates have the opportunity to basic hygiene when they are initially booked in and can order once a week thereafter. Commissary is ordered on Mondays and delivered on Tuesdays.
- There is a $100.00 limit on commissary orders
- If an inmate is released from CCJ before commissary is distributed the inmate may release their commissary to another inmate or pick up within 72 hours or it becomes property of CCJ.
- Visitation for males are Wednesday 4:30 to 9:00pm
- Visitation for females are Saturdays 1:00 to 4:00pm
- DOC inmates are Sundays 8:30 to 11:00am and 12:00 to 4:00pm
- Inmates must fill out a visitation sheet before visitors may visit.
- Visitors must be 18 years of age
- Convicted felons are not permitted to visit
- A photo ID and or drivers license is required to visit
- No food or drinks in visitation
- No cameras or cell phones in visitation