Cass County Commissioners' Office
|Location||Cass County Government Building
Room 200 - 200 Court Park
Logansport, IN 46947
|Phone: (574) 753-7770
Fax: (574) 753-4398
Cass County has three commissioners, they are the custodians of the home rule powers of the county. Cass County is divided into three (3) districts, one represents each district. Within the scope of the home rule, commissioners may adopt and vest themselves with additional powers. Specifically, all commissioners have authority to pass ordinances in the following areas:
- Controlling, maintaining, and supervising county property including jails, and public offices.
- Supervising construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, and to provide for traffic control.
- Developing economic development programs to attract and retain jobs in the county.
- To grant vacation pay, sick leave, paid holidays and other similar benefits to county employees.
- To administer elections in conjunction with the county election board.
- To establish minimum housing standards.
- Auditing and authorizing payments on behalf of the county.
- To incorporate new town and alter township boundary lines, on petition.
- Receiving bids and authorizing contracts.
- Exercising appointive powers including both the selection of members to fill positions on boards, commissions, and committees, appointments of certain department heads.
- Planning and implementing strategies for solid waste handling as members of solid waste district boards.
- Providing the CODE OF ORDINANCES